Only ten days after its filing by Minnesota's State Senators Ellen Anderson,
Jane Krentz and John Marty, Senate File 2453 is already picking up steam.
1. Senator Krentz reports she's hearing from people about the bill...
2. Pheasants Forever emailed information on the bill to its list...
3. On 9 February, 21 faith-based activists applauded upon learning that the
bill was filed...
4. A Minneapolis ratepayer wrote the Senators, "Thank you for your support
for the crucial issue of hydropower and the social and environmental
responsibilities addressed by Senate File No. 2453"...
5. Senator Marty informed a constituent: "I am pleased to co-author this
The Hydro Review Bill Deserves YOUR Support
The bill requires that out-of-state hydroelectric facilities meet the same
environmental reporting standards required of in-state facilities. It
enables Minnesotans to make informed choices about the electricity they
purchase for use in Minnesota.
What To Do
1. Continue to thank the Senators for introducing this bill and express your
2. Ask Senator Anderson (lead sponsor) to request a hearing during THIS
YEAR'S legislative session which ends in April.
3. Contact your own State Senator (and Representative) and ask them to
support the bill.
4. Ask your conservation organization, tribal government and faith community
to endorse and support this crucial environmental legislation.
5. Tell your friends in Minnesota...and please distribute this email.
Senator Ellen Anderson (DFL/St. Paul): 651-296-5537;
Senator Jane Krentz (DFL/May Township): 651-296-7061;
Senator John Marty (DFL/Roseville): 651-296-5645;
(Information Officer, Pimicikamak Cree Nation)
121 West Grant Street/Suite 116
Minneapolis MN 55403-2340 USA
This material is distributed by Ann Stewart (USDOJ FARA #5313) on behalf of
Pimicikamak Cree Nation. Additional information is available at the
Department of Justice, Washington DC.